The Services Academy is an entity within Flaxmere College and commits itself to provide life skills, motivational learning, training and vocational options that will allow youth in the Hawkes Bay to confidently and successfully establish their place within and contribute to the local community and New Zealand society.
• Structured military based environment
• Opportunities to attend several courses with the New Zealand Defence Force
• Opportunities to develop service skills and knowledge
• Leadership Training
• NCEA Credits
• Physical challenges and outdoor experiences.
• Must be Year 12 or 13
• Must be physically able and prepared to work hard
• Must have a good attitude and work ethic
To provide an environment where students engage with school and every member develops self-respect, owns, understands and accepts responsibility for the choices they make.
How to apply?
Contact the Flaxmere College Office to arrange an interview, or contact Pita Lloyd, Services Academy Director.